Fitzhugh and Essie Carter Endowment Scholarship
The purpose of the Fitzhugh and Essie Carter Endowment Scholarship is to assist students who are entering their Freshman year on the Troy Campus in Troy, Alabama. The recipient must maintain GPA of a 3.0. Recipient will be selected by a committee consisting of members from the Troy University Admissions Office. Applications must provide 2 letters of recommendation. One from a high school guidance counselor and the second from a person of the applicants choosing. Applicants must be able to document 30 hours of community service/civic engagement during the last 3 years of high school. Recipient is required to write a letter of appreciation to the Office of Development and must attend the Scholarship Donor and Recipient Reception held each year.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please request two letters of recommendation from a non-family member, former teacher, activity sponsor, employer, etc.. You should notify this individual to expect an email from us. You are responsible for ensuring your reference provider completes this request.
- Please request your other recommendation letter.
- Please list any volunteer or community service history during high school years, from most recent to earliest:
- 1) Name of organization
- 2) Description of duties or volunteer work
- 3) Date range for this volunteer or service activity